Terms and Conditions for participating in IQOS CLUB
Last updated: November 1st
- Overview of IQOS CLUB
- IQOS CLUB is a status-based program for our loyal IQOS customers. Through IQOS CLUB you can collect Status Points by taking certain actions, and in return we offer you Benefits including events and experiences, a chance to win prizes and special offers.
- In these terms, we put some words in bold type. They carry the meanings set out in paragraph 17.
- Application of Terms
- These terms govern your participation in the IQOS CLUB program (IQOS CLUB). You should read these Terms carefully as they affect your legal rights and govern your relationship with Us.
- If you do not agree (or cannot comply) with these terms, you are not permitted to participate in IQOS CLUB.
- You agree to be bound by these terms by: (i) registering for IQOS CLUB pursuant to paragraph 4.1; (ii) registering at least one Device under IQOS CLUB (if you register more than one Device, you still have only one IQOS CLUB membership); and (iii) by using the services and Benefits of IQOS CLUB.
- Your acceptance of these Terms is deemed to occur in the country of your registered residence as per our IQOS database.
- We reserve the right to amend these terms and the mechanics, services and Benefits of IQOS CLUB upon notice at any time. If we do so, you accept those changes by then using the services and Benefits of IQOS CLUB or registering another Device. If you do not accept any such amendments, you may terminate your membership of IQOS CLUB.
- You may not modify these Terms unless We expressly agree in writing.
- Your use of IQOS CLUB is at our discretion and we may refuse your application for any reason. We may also terminate your right to use IQOS CLUB for any reason including if you breach any of these terms.
- You are eligible for membership of IQOS CLUB only if: (i) you are an adult IQOS user aged 18 years old or more and you are registered in our IQOS database; and (ii) your main residence is in a country where IQOS CLUB is available.
- IQOS CLUB membership is open only to living individuals. Legal entities, including companies, partnerships, and unincorporated associations, are not eligible for membership.
- You may maintain only one membership in IQOS CLUB.
- To register for IQOS CLUB you must (a) register in our database at least one eligible device as described in paragraph 2 below (Device); (b) indicate that you wish to be a member of IQOS CLUB; and (c) We must inform you whether your application is successful. For example: (i) online: you can register the Device at iqos.com and follow the workflow for IQOS CLUB (e.g. click on ‘I Agree’ or a similar); (ii) by telephone: you can call the customer service center at +599 9 788 9998 and follow the process they will guide you through; (iii) in person with an IQOS coach: follow the process that they will guide you through; or (iv) at a participating IQOS store.
- You can register the following Device models for your membership to IQOS CLUB:
- IQOS 2.4, IQOS 2.4+, IQOS 3
- IQOS 3 MULTI
- If applicable, any future IQOS Devices which qualify you for membership in IQOS CLUB.
- Registration may take place at any time provided you are an adult user of one of the above mentioned Device models. In completing the registration process, you must provide all mandatory information in an accurate and complete manner and keep this information up-to-date. If you do not complete the mandatory fields in the application form (such as, for example, age, smoker status, email address and/or phone number) your application will not proceed. If you provide inaccurate or incomplete information, We reserve the right to terminate your membership of IQOS CLUB without notice.
- Following the registration process for IQOS CLUB, We will inform you whether your registration is successful. Membership of IQOS CLUB and the services and Benefits it provides are personal to you, and may not be transferred to any third party.
- IQOS CLUB is available only in certain countries. Your use of IQOS CLUB is linked to your country of residence. If you change your country of residence: (a) your membership in that country automatically expires; (b) you must inform us; and (c) and you may reapply to join IQOS CLUB in your new country of residence (if IQOS CLUB is available in that country).
- Your membership in IQOS CLUB entitles you to the Benefits listed on the IQOS CLUB benefits page, see here [https://cw.iqosclub.com/Home/HowDoesItWork], which are based on your Status Level.
- You may gain your entitlement to Benefits (and improve or retain your Status Level), by collecting Status Points and reaching different Status Levels. The process for earning Status Points is described in paragraph 8. The choice of Benefits for each Status Level is subject to their availability.
- Only you may enjoy the Benefits associated with your Status Level, unless the specific Benefit expressly provides for other persons to use it.
- Benefits must be used during the term of your Status Period, and if applicable, within the time period attached to the Benefit. If you fail to use a Benefit within its period of validity, you will lose it.
- Some Benefits may be provided by our service partners (LMS). Benefits from Service Partners may be subject to the Service Partner’s terms. We will use reasonable efforts to ensure the availability of such Benefits, but will not be liable for any loss arising from the failure of a Service Partner to provide such Benefit except where We cause that failure. In such case, Our liability shall be limited to the monetary value of the Benefit.
- We reserve the right to: (i) discontinue relationships with Service Partners and access to such Benefits for any reason at any time; and (ii) to modify the Benefits at any time for any reason. Upon any such change, We will notify you, for example through updates on the IQOS CLUB website.
- Status Points, Redeemable Points and Monetary Vouchers
- As a member of IQOS CLUB, you can earn redeemable points by carrying out different activities, described in paragraph 18, redeemable points can be exchanged for product, monetary vouchers and gift cards available in the product catalog, these awards are subject to availability which will be informed within the IQOS CLUB platform.
- The value of redeemable points:
- 20 IQOS CLUB points are equal to 1 ANG
- IQOS CLUB point from time to time, We may offer monetary vouchers for IQOS CLUB members. Such vouchers could be offered for actions such as Referring a Friend to IQOS. Other vouchers such as Service Partner vouchers will be subject to terms published with each voucher offer and, in the event of a conflict, take precedence over these terms.
- As a member of IQOS CLUB you are able to earn points for activities with Us and our Service Partners. We may at Our discretion change the rules for earning Status Points upon notice at any time.
- Points can be earned only once per activity. The number of Points earned per activity may depend on your Status Level.
- Points and Status Points can be earned only by you, and may not be transferred to another member or any third party.
- We record Status Points in your membership account. Status Points are not redeemable, they are only used to grant a level of status within the program.
- In the case of any dispute about entitlement to Status Points or Redeemable Points, We may require you to provide proof of performance of the activity for which you claim Status Points or Redeemable Points. You must provide Us with such claims within 6 months of the activity.
- Status Points and Redeemable Points may not be used with any other Status or loyalty program.
- In order to redeem the points, you must have a device assigned on iqos.com
- Status Level
- IQOS CLUB has three Status levels: Silver, Gold, and Platinum (Status Level). Your Status level determines the services and Benefits that you are entitled to as a member of IQOS CLUB.
- When you join IQOS CLUB you will automatically be given Silver status for your first Status Level Period.
- The number of Points you earn in each Status Period (1 January – 31 December) and activities completed determines your Status Level for the next Status Period. At the end of the first Status Period and every subsequent Status Period, We will review your Status Level and update it according to the number of Status Points you have accumulated in the Status Period.
- The number of Points and activities needed for each Status Level is described here [https://cw.iqosclub.com/Home/HowDoesItWork]. We may at our discretion change the number of Status Points needed for each Status Level upon notice at any time.
- Points may be counted only once and only for one Status Period. At the end of each Status Period your count of Status Points returns to zero. Progression is from Silver to Gold, Gold to Platinum (and vice versa), depending on the number of Status Points accumulated in a Status Period.
- Your Obligations
- not to misuse the IQOS CLUB program, including its services and Benefits;
- not to obtain Status Points or Benefits by fraud;
- to treat our staff and those of our Service Partners with courtesy and respect;
- to keep your membership account, including your password, secure;
- not to copy or distribute any content of IQOS CLUB unless explicitly permitted;
- to comply with applicable law; and
- to comply with these terms.
- Data Privacy/Communications/Personalization
- We want to offer you Benefits, experiences, and communications that interest you and are tailored to your interests. In order to understand your interests and give you tailored treatment (as described in paragraph 3 below), We collect and use information about you.
- We collect information about you either directly from you, or using automated techniques. Examples of collecting information directly from you include: when you fill in forms (including information such as your date of birth, gender, town and country of residence, your preferences for the way We handle Your account); or when you interact with our call centres, IQOS coaches, event staff, or retail staff. Examples of automated techniques include: following the way you interact with us, for example the way you correspond with us if you open and click through on links in communications that we send you, the items you purchase, or your use of our touchpoints (including those relating to the IQOS CLUB), or (where you permit it by the way you manage cookies (and similar technologies) on your devices) your use of other people’s touchpoints (for example, which pages you visit and which items you view), and combine this with information you give us directly, or which we may acquire from third parties.
- The purposes for which we use the personal information we collect include:
- to obtain a better understanding of what you would like to see from us and how we can continue to improve our services for you;
- to personalise the service and offers you receive from us and recognise your loyalty and reward you with benefits as part of your IQOS CLUB experience, including invitations to events;
- to provide you with tailored content online and optimise your experience of our touchpoints;
- to provide you with tailored communication on other websites you visit and social media and digital platforms;
- to share marketing material, we believe may be of interest to you, including from our third party partners;
- to help us operate our services more efficiently; and
- to authenticate log-ins on our platforms and detect and prevent fraud.
- Where required under privacy laws:
- we will take steps to ensure that prior to using your personal information, our legitimate interest is not overridden by your own interests or fundamental rights and freedoms; and
- you may have rights to object to our using your personal information in this way.
- To learn more, read Our Privacy Notice at https://pmiprivacy.com/en/consumer .
- Term and Termination
- The term of your membership in IQOS CLUB is from the date of your acceptance of these terms and continues while your registered Device is under warranty or you are an Active Member (whichever is the longer). You are an “Active Member” if, during any period of 6 months, you purchase at least one IQOS-related item, or you respond to one communication, or you use one of our touchpoints (Active Member). Within four weeks from the date of such inactivity your points and benefits will be cancel, in order to allow you the opportunity to make use of any unused vouchers and/or Benefits that you might have received during your membership period.
- You may terminate your membership of IQOS CLUB at any time directly in IQOS CLUB platform.
- We may terminate your membership with IQOS CLUB at any time with immediate effect if you breach these terms. We may also terminate your membership for any reason upon 30 days’ notice.
- Upon termination or expiry of your membership, you are no longer entitled to receive any of the services and Benefits of IQOS CLUB, excluding those of CARE SERVICES which will remain in effect until the expiry of your Device warranty, and any unused vouchers and Benefits are cancelled automatically within the 4 week period referred to in paragraph 11.1.
- Warranty/Representation/Limit of Liability
- As your membership of IQOS CLUB is free of charge, it is provided ‘As Is’ and without any warranty.
- We make no representations as to any income, use, excise or other tax liability you may incur as a result of your membership of IQOS CLUB. We advise you to check with your accountant or tax adviser for further information, and are solely responsible for any tax liability incurred as a result of your membership of IQOS CLUB, redemption of vouchers, or receipt of Benefits.
- We shall not be liable to the maximum extent permitted under applicable law whether in tort (including for negligence or breach of statutory duty), contract, misrepresentation, restitution or otherwise for any direct losses, loss of profits, sales, revenues or savings, loss of business, depletion of goodwill and/or similar losses or loss or corruption of data or information, or pure economic loss, or for any special, indirect or consequential loss, costs, damages, charges or expenses however arising or otherwise resulting from your membership of IQOS CLUB or your use of any of the services or Benefits related to the IQOS CLUB. We shall not be liable for any of the losses described in this paragraph even if you have informed Us of the possibility of such losses.
- Nothing in this paragraph 12 excludes any liability that cannot be excluded by applicable law.
- Ownership and Risk
- Ownership of Status Points and Benefits remains with Us at all times and never passes to you. You have a right to use Benefits in accordance with these terms.
- Risk in Benefits and vouchers passes to you as soon as you redeem a Benefit or make use of a voucher.
- Other than as We may specifically notify in writing for a particular Benefit, Status Points, vouchers and Benefits are not redeemable for cash, refundable or exchangeable. At no time may Status Points, vouchers and Benefits be purchased by, sold to, bartered or otherwise transferred to any third party including any other member unless We specifically authorize it. We may cancel any Status Points, vouchers and Benefits dealt with in this way.
- Should you attempt to sell or transfer Status Points, vouchers or Benefits contrary to these terms, that is a material breach and will automatically result in the termination of your membership.
- IQOS CLUB is currently provided free of charge but We reserve the right to charge for membership in the future.
- For questions, enquiries and contact information about IQOS CLUB please contact Us +599 9 788 9998
- We reserve the right to suspend or discontinue the eligibility of you or any person who uses, or, in the case of suspension, is suspected of using, IQOS CLUB in a manner inconsistent with these terms or applicable law. In addition to suspension or discontinuance of IQOS CLUB eligibility, We shall have the right to take appropriate administrative or legal action (or both), as We deem necessary in Our sole discretion.
- Should We fail to enforce these terms, this shall not constitute a waiver of these terms, or any of their provisions.
- We determine, in our sole discretion, the accumulation of Status Points, vouchers and Benefits.
- Upon the death of any member, any Status Points, vouchers and Benefits accumulated by that member are automatically cancelled.
- We will, at our sole discretion, resolve all questions or disputes regarding eligibility for the IQOS CLUB, the availability of Benefits, or your compliance with these terms. Our decision shall be binding.
- We are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information that you may supply while participating in IQOS CLUB, nor for any lost or misdirected communications to or from you regarding the IQOS CLUB.
- You are responsible for maintaining updated contact information on your IQOS CLUB account.
- We may give notices in connection with these terms in writing (including by email) or through an announcement on our website.
- These terms are subject to the laws of the place of our registered office. Any legal dispute will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the city in which We have our registered office.
- Any provision of these terms declared void or unenforceable by any competent authority or court shall, to the extent of such invalidity or unenforceability, be deemed severable and shall not affect the other provisions remaining which shall continue unaffected.
- If there is any conflict in meaning between the English language version of these terms and any version or translation of these terms in any other language, the English language version shall prevail.
- For the purpose of these terms:
has the meaning given in paragraph 11.1.
means the benefits of IQOS CLUB from time to time as referenced in paragraph 6.1.
means an eligible IQOS device under warranty for the device models listed in paragraph 4.2.
has the meaning given in paragraph 2.1.
Philip Morris International group.
has the meaning given in paragraph 8.3.
Redeemable Points or Points
It refers to points that can be exchanged for a catalog product which includes, product, gift cards, etc. The value of these points is described in paragraph 7.
Validity of redeemable points:
· Points accumulated during the 1st. from January to June 30 of the same year, will be valid until June 30 of the following year.
· Points accumulated during the 1st. from July to December 31 of the same year, they will be valid until December 31 of the following year.
• Redeemable Points are not transferrable to other IQOS adult users or IQOS CLUB members
Vouchers, Gift Cards, Promo codes
The validity of the monetary vouchers / Gift Cards / Promo Codes will be indicated at the time of exchange.
has the meaning given in paragraph 6.5.
means either Silver, Gold or Platinum
• Status are reach during a status period. It corresponds to a calendar year from 1 January to 31 December.
• During the first year of membership, this period is extended until the end of the following calendar year.
• When the status period is over, a new one starts, and all status points are set to zero (0).
We, Us, Our
means the member of the Philip Morris International group which presented you with these terms, and which has identified itself to you when guiding you to these terms.
Provider dedicated to services / creation of loyalty programs, accumulation and redemption of points, is the provider for the IQOS CLUB program.
- Registration in IQOS CLUB
- By completing the IQOS CLUB registration form, having an approved account and registering your first purchase, you will receive welcome points.
- Points apply only once.
- If there are two accounts registered with the same information, we take the right to unify the accounts and / or maintain a single active account, the points will be given only once to the account that complies with point (a).
- IQOS CLUB members receive special points or a different reward on their birthday.
- Applies to all tiersmembers
- IQOS CLUB for the duration of the program may modify, eliminate or devise benefits. Philip Morris International will inform members of the new benefits.
- Registration in IQOS CLUB
- Activities to accumulate redeemable and status points
- Refer an adult smoker friend
- Members of IQOS CLUB may refer an adult smoker friend in the following ways:
- IQOS points of sale
- IQOS commercial agents
- IQOS CLUB platform
- Members will earn points for each adult smoking friend who purchases their first IQOS, devices need to be link in iqos.com. To see the number of points, enter here.
- When referring your adult smoker friend, your friend receives a discount on their first purchase. In order to use the discount, your friend must indicate that they were referred by you or give your IQOS CLUB number.
- You may refer a maximum of 10 times a year from the effective date of the changes in Terms and Conditions on August 1, 2021.
- These terms govern your participation in the IQOS referral program. You should read these Terms carefully as they affect your legal rights and govern your relationship with Us.
- If you do not agree to (or cannot comply with) these terms, you are not allowed to participate in the IQOS referral program.
- You agree to be bound by these terms: (i) register at iqos.com; (ii) register your personal information within the iqos.com platform; (iii) register an IQOS device at iqosclub.com.
- Your acceptance of these Terms is deemed to occur in the country of your registered residence according to our IQOS database.
- We reserve the right to modify these terms and the mechanics, services and benefits without prior notice at any time. You will agree to those changes by using the services and benefits of the IQOS referral program, or by updating your profile information.
- Members of IQOS CLUB may refer an adult smoker friend in the following ways:
- Members of IQOS CLUB may accumulate points for each purchase they make in direct stores, such as iqos.com/ authorized sales executives / IQOS mobile units / Office gallery and for indirect stores authorized by the Philip Morris International group.
- Purchases that have been made completely or partially with IQOS CLUB points do not apply to accumulate points.
- It can only be accumulated for invoices / tickets since the registration in IQOS CLUB web platform.
- The accumulation applies only 1 time per invoice / purchase receipt
- The accumulation of points applies for the following products:
- IQOS devices: Points can only be accumulated for devices and versions of IQOS purchased within the country, devices must contain a real identification code approved by Philip Morris International. The amount of points will depend on the version purchased. To accumulate points, the member must register the identification code of the device on the iqos.com platform
- HEETS ™ tobacco units: Points may be accumulated for each pack of HEETS ™ purchased within the countryup to a maximum 15 packs per monthof. Members have 15 days from the invoice date to register their purchase within the IQOS CLUB platform, invoices with more than 15 days of issuance will not be valid for the accumulation of points.
- Accessories: Points can be accumulated for each accessory purchased through direct channels of IQOS (iqos.com/ authorized sales executives / mobile units / office gallery), the number of points will depend on the type of accessories, described in the table of accumulation within the IQOS CLUB platform.
- Watch videos
- Members receive points for completing the viewing of the videos uploaded within the IQOS CLUB platform. In order to earn points, the member must press the button that will be available at the end of the video and / or when completing the quiz that will be available at the end of the video.
- Read articles
- Members can receive points:
- By reading the article completely and completing the "I have completed the article" check that appears at the end of the article.
- and / or by reading the entire article and completing the quiz at the end of the article.
- Members receive points for completing surveys within the IQOS CLUB platform. Surveys are used to collect information about specific topics, by completing the surveys you agree to be contacted by Philip Morris International for follow-up or confirmation of the information collected.
- Quiz / exam
- Members receive points for successfully passing the exams within the IQOS CLUB platform.
- Customer Service Line Calls - Coach Program
- Members receive points for participating in two follow-up calls by the IQOS customer service line.
- Events / Experiences
- Members receive points for participating in events and / or experiences carried out by IQOS, the mechanics of how, when and why they receive points will be notified before the event to the members.
- IQOS CLUB during the duration of the program may devise activities that, if carried out by members, may accumulate points. Philip Morris International will inform members of the activities to be carried out and the points that they will accumulate if they are carried out.
- Members can receive points:
- Refer an adult smoker friend
Last version IQOS CLUB Terms and Conditions - November 1st, 2021